|We have an opening for a Datacenter Engineer who will assist in running the day-to-day operations of our in-house datacenter.
This DC is primarily utilized by current I.T. support clients of Jackson Technical rather than a colocation or public cloud provider. The main functions are off-site backups and disaster recovery, Internet services hosting, and private cloud operations.
Primary duties of this position include:
- Setup and maintenance of advanced router, firewall and network switching equipment
- Setup and maintenance of servers, both physical and virtual
- Monitoring of all equipment, including environmental
- On-call availability for emergencies, including after-hours and on weekends/holidays
- Setup and maintenance of electrical power equipment, including bus-bars, UPS units, and PDUs
- Coordination with third-party vendors, including HVAC, electrical, and generator sub-contractors
- Physical installation of all equipment, including rack management and cabling
- Monitoring and setup of security precautions, both physical and logical
- Documentation of all processes, including change management and compliance procedures
- Communication with staff and clients regarding DC status and activities
|- Expert level experience with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst iOS CLI and configuration
- Expert level experience with hypervisors, including Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, and VMware
- Expert level experience with Operating Systems, including Microsoft Windows Server, and various builds of Linux
- Experience managing power distribution and loads. Primary vendor is APC.
- Experience managing public IP subnet blocks as well as BGP with multiple ISPs
- Experience managing firewalls, including pfSense and Meraki
- Experience with Cisco, Dell and Ubiquiti networking and WiFi equipment
- Reliable self-management of time and dependability
- Open to learning new skills and participation in strategic initiatives
- Strong communications skills – written and verbal