||We are accepting applications for a Server and Network Engineer capable of PC and Server configuration and troubleshooting; including Operating Systems (OS) maintenance, Hardware repair and troubleshooting and Software installation/configuration.
This position will require working after normal business hours to increase our availability to clients, and for after-hours emergencies. Primarily… this position will be performing ongoing infrastructure maintenance for systems which need to stay up and available during the day.
The hours for this position are flexible with an expected time window starting between 3pm – 4pm, and ending 11pm – 1am. Although this is a Full-time position, Part-time and Split-Shift schedules will also be considered. Onboarding period would require partial day time schedule with eventual move to permanent after-hours shift.
We expect the ideal candidate to be an experienced systems administrator who is comfortable working solo primarily, but also a good communicator with the day shift staff members to properly coordinate and collaborate. Must have a tenacious attitude for server up-time and willing to see through to resolution in times of crisis. Should also be a thoughtful and thorough planner, but unafraid to keep projects moving forward even with unfamiliar systems and software. Requires an “overall view” approach to projects with solid failback plans.
||You will provide on-site, remote, and telephone support for our customers after typical business hours. Most often you will be performing server updates and migrations, and testing of backup / disaster recovery setups. Additionally, you will coordinate with clients and staff to upgrade and/or migrate third-party software packages.
Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of:
- Servers - Typically Dell PowerEdge with iDRAC access available
- Virtual Servers - Typically Hyper-V, but occasional VMware and Nutanix hypervisors
- Backup systems and storage devices - Primarily StorageCraft ShadowProtect SPX
- Managed switches, routers, and firewalls – Primarily Cisco, Meraki, and Ubiquiti
- A variety of Software packages - Microsoft and third-party.
- Exchange Serves – Both on-premise and Microsoft 365
- Migration of Windows OS, Exchange, and SQL Servers to newer versions
Candidates with 5+ years of experience with the specific systems above will be given preference.
Typical Day-to-Day Activities - The typical activities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Answering support calls and emails from customers
- Monitoring of client’s servers and networks
- Monitoring of JTech’s own on-premise datacenter
- Monitoring of DR sites at TulsaConnect and TierPoint
- Continuation of projects and tasks started by day shift staff to completion or further progression
- Installing Windows Updates as well as other Microsoft product updates (Exchange CUs, SQL Service Packs, etc.)
- Migration of older OS and MS Server products to newer versions (Some in-place as well as new fresh installs)
- Third-party software updates and upgrades
- Rollback in cases of failed upgrades and migrations
- Performing test restores of DR setups and documenting deficiencies to be resolved
- Defining scopes of projects as well as project management
- Understanding customer system norms, and their work practices and the nature of their business
- Travelling to customer locations for emergencies
- Preparing and providing requested information and documents to customers and internal staff
- Providing detailed descriptions and documentation of work performed
- Updating service request details and status
Occasional activities include:
- Continue efforts to restore down systems in emergency situations until restored or relieved by other staff
- On-site troubleshooting and repair of critical client infrastructure hardware
- Next day emergency assistance in cases of unexpected complications of overnight work performed